Beautycon Media is looking for an entrepreneurial, VP, Integrated Sales to lead Beautycon's Sales operations and manage the sales team. This position requires an individual with a passion for content-driven advertising, as the primary focus will be maintaining and growing brand sales partnerships for our Fortune 500 clients. A successful candidate is comfortable in a dynamic startup environment, will bring energy and passion to everything they do, and will not be afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to tackle projects both big and small. This person will be responsible for building and managing an integrated sales team, and will also be responsible for their own book of business.
This position will be based in New York.
- Build and lead the integrated sales team
- Collaborate with Integrated Marketing on sales positioning of pro-active programs, editorial calendar launches/opportunities and everything in between with blue chip clients and prospective brands
- Creating opportunity by developing and managing new business partnerships and accounts to exceed revenue goals
- Forecast and develop sales quotas through strategic planning with key and target accounts; responsible for the sales team hitting all revenue goals
- Introduce our products to brands and agencies through meetings, speaking opportunities, and written materials
- Provide feedback to our product and business teams about the needs and successes in the market
- Identify and understand trends within emerging and social media
- Strong focus on being able to analyze data and use it to effectively grow the business
- 10+ years selling to both agency and direct clients, ideally in the content-driven market
- Entrepreneurial mindset and approach to everything you do
- A proven leader, exceptional communicator, and compelling presenter with excellent negotiation skills
- Relevant experience in sales management with a proven track record of managing sales teams successfully in a highly competitive environment
- Strong track record of success driving revenue through prospecting, creating new business and sustainably growing existing business
- Detailed knowledge of marketing trends, emerging media, consumer insights and the latest digital / social / mobile technologies
- Flexible and willing to work within a fast-moving and ever-changing organization
- Must hold a Bachelor’s Degree
Beautycon Media began as a festival business four years ago and has since grown into a successful e-commerce subscription box business, while at the same time forging its way into the media space. Our goal is to create meaningful connections challenging the status quo while creating a “community” destination for all. Profiled in major outlets such as The New York Times, Fast Company, Mashable, Digiday, MTV, and Bustle as a company to watch, we are expanding quickly and strategically and are looking for entrepreneurial-minded individuals who have a proven track record of success in the start up environment to develop and oversee strategic digital initiatives that span multiple channels.