Beautycon Media is expanding and looking to hire a Vice President of Operations & Finance. This position reports directly to the CEO and is responsible for overall day-to-day operations of the company. In addition, we expect this person to oversee multiple divisions, including Finance, FP&A, Sales, Commerce, Festivals, Data & Analytics, and HR/Recruiting. Additionally, this person will partner with the CEO on board management. We are looking for someone with incredible rigor who can bring discipline, process, and project management to company. This person must have experience operating consumer businesses in either media or commerce.
Leadership & Change Management
- Report directly to CEO and provide weekly reports of hot points within every department and actions and process being taken to fix them.
- Responsible for supporting the CEO, working closely with the Director of Finance and other senior directors in all aspects of growing a quickly-moving business, specifically through strategic and operational planning guidance and by ensuring that required infrastructure and support services are in place.
- Build and lead the performance management process that measures and evaluates progress towards goals
- Responsible for overseeing all administrative functions alongside your management team, ensuring smooth daily operations.
- Responsible for overseeing all recruitment, hiring, onboarding and retention during a period of hyper growth
- Address employee relations issues, including performance improvement plans, formal discipline, and terminations.
- Work with management teams to set strong and clear departmental as well as company wide goals and KPIs.
- Proven ability to manage a junior level workforce and elevate their career development
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for a rapid scaling of operational capacity through automation, process improvements or other productivity measures while maintaining high quality standards, high reliability and cost effective operations
- Coordinate with Finance Department to develop a pricing model that ensures P&L targets are achieved
- Manage and direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals
- Develop, establish, and direct the execution of operating policies to support overall company objectives
- Responsible for the development and management of integrated, strategy aligned departmental work-plans and organizational structure
- Ensure clarity, understanding and commitment from all stakeholders
Desired Skills and Requirements:
If you join us, you’ll come on board with significant experience as a senior executive building a successful, high-growth business. We’re guessing you round out your resume like this:
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in Operational leadership roles in media or commerce
- Entrepreneurial leadership experience with growth-stage, venture-backed companies or high-growth divisions within larger companies is a must
- Proven ability to develop analysis-based strategic plans to penetrate markets and develop successful products
- Proven ability to implement Process and work-flow across a scaling company
- Solid and broad understanding of all aspects of fiscal management and information technology
- Record of outstanding success at a organizations that pride themselves on innovation, collaboration, customer service, and sales results
- Communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitors envy
- Leadership that combines persuasiveness, decisiveness, and competitiveness necessary to motivate a team
- Expertise in the Microsoft Suite, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Need to have the ability to implement process and discipline throughout each department of the company
- Must be able to think strategically about company growth and balance this with managing the company’s bottom-line
- Need to have exceptional organizational and team management skills and a proven track record of leadership
- Must have strong experience managing company finances, accounting, and overseeing and/or managing board meetings
- Need to have a strong understanding of data & analytics and mapping strategy for how they apply to all aspects of the business
Beautycon Media began as a festival business four years ago and has since grown into a successful e-commerce subscription box business, while at the same time forging its way into the media space. Our goal is to create meaningful connections challenging the status quo while creating a “community” destination for all. Profiled in major outlets such as The New York Times, Fast Company, Mashable, Digiday, MTV, and Bustle as a company to watch, we are expanding quickly and strategically and are looking for entrepreneurial-minded individuals who have a proven track record of success in the start up environment to develop and oversee strategic digital initiatives that span multiple channels.