Beautycon is a diverse global community of content creators, celebrities, fans, and brands that come together to celebrate using makeup as a tool for self-expression and sharing enthusiasm with the world. Our goal is to challenge conventional approaches to beauty and redefine what beauty means in our world today by celebrating innovators of all ages, races, and identities. Beautycon Festivals and Digital Platforms are a connection point for our communities and beauty innovators.
● Global Festivals: 82,000+ attendees to date
● Reach: 3.4BN impressions to date
● Talent: 1.5k relationships with premium talent
● Content: 4.3mm total video views in 2016-2017
Beautycon Media is fast-paced, entrepreneurial and incredibly fun. We work long hours but offer flexibility provided great work gets done. We welcome new team members, and foster a supportive and collaborative culture with opportunities for growth and advancement within an evolving organization.
We are looking to hire a talented full-time Writer/Producer to be a key part of the content team at our offices in Hollywood, CA. The ideal candidate is a disciplined digital native who has written and produced video specifically for social media audiences. You can self-manage and self start yourself, writing and working with an editor to produce a high volume of social first video content spanning the beauty, news, and pop culture spaces. You know how to prioritize while navigating and thriving in a fast-paced, high-volume environment. You are highly organized with an impeccable attention to detail. You are proactive, self-motivated, and adaptable.
The ideal candidate has a strong knack for trend-tracking and an insatiable appetite for the Internet. This candidate will research, source, write, and produce daily trending videos. You have a passion for trends and topics that matter to the Beautycon audience across beauty, breaking news, politics, and pop-culture.
Skills & Duties:
Work with Manager, Content Strategy to plan out Beautycon’s editorial calendar
Seek out unique trends in Beauty, Fitness, Breaking and Trending news and be able to source and clear great clips for text-on-clip short-form videos
Work with team to ideate re-fillable social video franchises in beauty tutorial space
Help bring the Beautycon voice to life in tutorials and beauty news within your content pitches
Help Beautycon break these trends to get the most reach on socials
Write attention-grabbing copy and headlines/captions to score big shares on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
Be proactive in reach out to bloggers, experts, brands, or everyday humans on the Internet to forge relationships for footage-sharing. We also have a great talent team to use as a resource.
Have a knack for what kinds of content gets shared online – develop shareable, inspiring, and relatable topics.
Be able to jump on viral/trending topics quickly. You will usually have between 3-6 videos in your queue at any given time, so knowing when to work quickly b/c something is “trending” and what’s more long-lead is a plus.
Have ability to film with an editor/shooter on location for trending topics - ie an event or trying out a new beauty technique you think will blow up on social media
Have a strong analytic brain, and be able to measure what isn’t working for your videos by recognizing patterns in views, shares, likes, comments, and conversion rates. Understand how to analyze metrics for YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Work cross-functionally with Beautycon’s content and creative teams to help create highly engaging and shareable content for YouTube, Facebook, Facebook Live, Instagram, Instagram Live, Snapchat, Twitter, and other emerging platforms
● Awareness: You are a self-starter and are always two steps ahead. You have the ability to observe and anticipate needs by being aware of trends and new content. You proactively offer suggestions to promote efficiency.
● Goal oriented:: You are able to set your own goals based on internal and external team needs, without sacrificing creativity and flexibility.
● Organized: Organization is key as every day comes with new and interesting opportunities. You are focused and pay close attention to details.
● Professionalism and Discretion: You maintain a high degree of discretion in all aspects of work and display courtesy and professionalism in all interactions and with all contacts (internal/external and personal/professional). Be personable and professional.
● Unflappable: You are able to pause and laugh briefly at unexpected occurrences before quickly taking action and leveraging your exceptional problem solving skills to make sure everything is seamless. You also learn from these occurrences (whatever they are) and take proactive measures to avoid a recurrence.
● Flexible: You understand things change. You perform various duties depending on shifting needs and are willing to pitch in wherever is needed.
● Attitude: Good vibes only. Beautycon Media is a collaborative and supportive organization, where you will be expected to maintain a positive attitude and calm demeanor. You will operate with the highest levels of honesty and integrity.
Beautycon Media is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.